Thursday 2 December 2010

Page Layout

Before creating the first draft of my magazine I needed to consider the layout I would use. Over the past lesson I have created a few sample layouts which I will now analyse in order to pick the correct layout. From these layouts I will be bale to see where key features of a magzine will be placed.

Layout one

The layout above was my first layout draft. After looking over this layout I have found key things which work and key features which are missing. For example this layout does not show where my barcode, issue number and date would be placed. These are three major elements which need to be added to a layout before I could complete my first draft. However there are also some key things in which I like and think would work brilliantly on my layout. The features which I like are the tag which would hold information about what the magazine contains. I believe this feature would allow my magazine to have originality.  I also like the idea of having a pug, this could have an offer or promotion on which could attract customers.

Layout two
This is my second layout, I believe this layout is not as clear as my first choice of layout. I believe this layout is not as clear as many key features are over lapping. Although the over lapping effect could show that I was confident in my magazine selling so therefore I did not need key features clear. However I believe the over lapping on this layout will be too confusing for mt magazine to seem sell able to my target audience. As with my other layout though I am still missing one key feature and this is where my price will go on my magazine. However I believe that this layout does not work as successfully as my first layout, so therefore I will not be using this layout.

Layout 3 
This is my third layout. This layout consists of all the key features in which a mag zine has to have, this includes masthead, price, barcode, splash, issue number, barcode and main image. However once again I believe that key features still over lap further and that this layout does not work as effective as layout one, which I believe works the best. However I do believe that this layout works more effectively than layout 2. I believe this as the masthead is larger and more visible to the target audience. So therefore I am going to now develop layout one and add key feature in which it is missing to have my final layout.

Final Layout
This is my final layout, I believe this will be effective as it has the clear view of my favourite layout (layout one) and also has the main features it was missing added on. After completing the layout I will now follow it in order to create mock ups of my front cover before creating my final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment