Tuesday 7 December 2010

Masthead

I have started to generate my mastheads. Below are two of my first ideas.
This was the first idea for a masthead. However I believe this really does not work for my magazine. I believe that it is not bold enough and looks unprofessional. I also believe that it looks more suited to a pop magazine than indie. So therefore I will not be using this as a masthead for my magazine.

For my second idea I decided to swap the colour arrangements around to see if it made the masthead bolder, however I believe this was unsuccessful. Once again I believe this masthead does not suit my style of magazine. I believe the main reason for this masthead not working is due to the font choice, so I am therefore going to create a masthead using the font punched to see if the is a greater success. If there is no success then I will have to re look at fonts in order to create the effect I need.
This is my third masthead I believe this font works much better. I also believe that this font suits my style and will work very effectively. So therefore I will be using this for my masthead. However I will make the text size much larger on my magazine.

I am now going to complete a first draft of my magazine for my next post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment