Thursday 14 October 2010

School magazine

Over the past couple of lessons I have been working on generating my school magazine. I have completed my research which involves analysing three existing front covers and two existing contents pages. I have then started to generate my front cover of my magazine. I have started to think of colours schemes in which I would like to use for my front cover and key pieces which need to be involed with the cover. 

What colours have I chosen and what needs to be included on my front cover?
There are many keys items which need to be included on my front cover before I started to think of my colour schemes. My front cover will need to contain: my  masthead, main heading(which may also be the magazine splash), school logo, cover shot of a pupil/student,issue number. It also possible may include smalller images of other happenings and subheadings.
Loooking into my colour scheme I firstly thought of what must be included in the magazine and how these must fit in with the intial colour scheme in order for the magazine to carry a professional image. I have decided to keep my colour choice limited to make my school magazine more professional. After considering these factors, I have decided to go with a blue and white colour scheme. I have decided to use these colours as they are found in the school logo which will be found on the cover. This will make the magazine easy to link to the school.

I will now continue with the devlopment of my front cover and then contiune on to make my contents page which will follow the same colour scheme as the cover, keeping the professional look through out. My research will also shortly be posted using slide share.

No comments:

Post a Comment