Monday 4 October 2010

My magazine and genre choice !

On this post it is my continued research into magazines in order for me to eventually create my successful magazine. In this post I am looking into genres of magazines (mostly music) and seeing which I think I could gain the most success from.


General Magazine Genres
These are genres of magazines which are available to the public reader to by.
There is :
  • Music (my main focus)
  • Lifestyle
  • Children's magazines
  • Hair & Beauty
  • Cartoons
  • Fashion
  • Gossip
And many more which could be listed but I don't need to research them as they are not relevant to my magazine. So now I am going to look in more detail at what music genres you can get and the magazines which can be brought.

Music Magazine Genres
These are the types of music magazines which are available.
They are:
  • Pop - E.g. Top of the pops.
  • Indie - E.g. Indie rocks.
  • Electro - Traffic
  • Jazz - Jazzlines
  • Dance - Mixmag  
  • R&B - Vibe
  • Rock - Kerrang
  • Heavy metal - Metal Manics
  • Indie/Rock - Q and NME.
  • Indie/Pop- Q .
Above are many music magazine genres I looked at front covers for to gain an idea of there style. I have also given an example of a magzine I found. From this piece of research I have decided I wanted to create a magazine with a similar style of Q. So therefore the genre of the magazine I am looking into is Indie/Rock. So now I will need to look more into this genre to gain a understanding of the colours layouts and stories. So the next piece of research I will complete is a collection of cover shots, double page spreads an contents pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment