Thursday 3 March 2011

Products

Front cover
I have made a few changes to my front cover in order to make the magazine look professional. First of all I added a faded effect to the block background this was to break down the block colour. By having a lighter colour in the centre it also allows focus to be added on the cover  shot. I also decided to add more variation of colour this is so the purple theme of the magazine does not become bland and boring.

Contents Page
With my contents page I have once again changed the background colour in order to break up block colours. I have also made the text smaller in order to make the magazine look more realistic, I also decided to break my contents up into headings so pages are easier to find for readers. And a final feature I included was a image of my front cover which I then labeled up with page number so key pages are easy to find.
Double page spread
With my double page spread I believe my last attempts were really unprofessional with a lack of colours and a lot of open space. Another major issue was the size of the text and how it was unrealistic for a professional magazine. So therefore I made the size of my text smaller I also again introduced shades of orange to brighten up my magazine, this also allowed the magazine to look less bland. I also added page numbers as these were missing from other copies of my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment